We are proud to host this event on behalf of the International Society for Trenchless Technology (ISTT) and in addition, this is the main event for the Australasian Society for Trenchless Technology (ASTT) for this year.
I take this opportunity to welcome to Sydney the many international guests that will be attending this conference and exhibition. Many of these will include representatives of the ISTT and the many Affiliated Societies from countries around the world. I also welcome the many Australian and New Zealand visitors that will attend the event. Both the international visitors and domestic visitors should look forward to:
- The opportunity to hear excellent conference papers on various aspects of the trenchless industry, which will keep delegates up-to-date with local and international developments. These papers will be delivered by an array of international speakers and highly regarded local identities from the industry;
- The magnificent (sold out) exhibition area where the industry’s goods and services can be showcased. This gives the informed client the chance to update on the new and latest developments, and also gives the uninformed potential client an avenue to learn about trenchless products;
- Recognition of the best in the trenchless industry will occur with the presentation of the prestigious ISTT Awards at the Gala Dinner. The ASTT Awards will also be presented at this event;
- The planned social events will provide networking opportunities to catch up with fellow people in the trenchless industry from around the world. In addition to meeting new people within the industry, you can catch up with fellow competitors and associates and discuss common issues and matters that cannot be done normally from within your own company;
- An opportunity for the ISTT and the ASTT to obtain feedback from its members and stakeholders. The Societies are always looking to increase their advocacy roles to governments and infrastructure owners with regard to the benefits of Trenchless Technology. We welcome members’ suggestions and input in to this and many other items.
The International No-Dig Down Under 2013 promises to be a spectacular and unique chance to see the best and latest in the world here in Australia. I hope that you have invited your clients, staff and stakeholders to this event to update them on the trenchless industry to the benefit of you and your business.
I look forward to seeing you there and catching up.