Mincon is a company with over 36 years of manufacturing experience in rock drilling equipment and has, for over the past eleven years, developed a complete range of steerable hard rock hammer systems for trenchless drilling applications.
With an extensive range of pilot hole air hammer systems sold worldwide, the current Mincon range of tools is capable of drilling pilot hole sizes from 3 å_ inch to 9 å_ inch. With the only patented pull reaming hammer currently, reamed hole sizes in rock of up to 14 inch alongside unseen production rates are now possible.
Mincon recently launched the newest addition to their pilot hole air hammer systems, the HDD90. Suited for large pipeline horizontal directional drills (HDD), the HDD90 drills a 9 å_ inch pilot bore efficiently in even the hardest of rock conditions.
Building on the heritage of Mincon’s experience in hard rock directional drilling the HDD90 has the potential to become the tool of choice for production contractors.
Mincon’s HDD products are primarily used for trenchless utility installation applications. The company currently stocks the broadest range of pilot hole hammers available globally.
In addition to the HDD90 the current range consists of various tools;
- HDD30: For HDD drills with maximum rotational torque values of 1,800 ft. The system drills a 90 mm pilot hole and is primarily used for residential utility installations in hard rock
- HDD40: Maximum rotational torque values of 3,200 ft. The system drills a 108 mm pilot hole and is used for residential utility installations and bores in hard rock
- HDD50: For HDD drills with maximum rotational torque values of 6,200 ft. The system drills a 133 mm pilot hole
- HDD60: For HDD drills with maximum rotational torque values of 18,000 ft. Drills a 159 mm pilot hole and is used for mid to long range utility installations
- HDD70: The system is rated for HDD drills with maximum rotational torque values of 27,000 ft. The system drills a 191 mm pilot hole and is used for long range pipeline and utility installations
- HDD80 Pull Reamer: The revolutionary pull reamer system utilises a DTH hammer technology and offers a solution for reaming in hard rock.