The ASTT has successfully hosted a Technical Forums in Victoria, New South Wales, and New Zealand during July.
The Victorian event was hosted at Munich Brauhaus in Melbourne on 13 July, the NSW forum was hosted at Rygdes Bankstown in Bass Hill on 27 July, and the New Zealand Technical Forums Roadshow visited Auckland and Wellington on 19-20 July.
It is the first time that the ASTT has hosted the forums in New Zealand, and with more than 80 attendees, it was a resounding success.
The Victorian Melbourne event featured presentations from Interflow’s David Dodemaide, who spoke about the Merri Creek Sewer Rehabilitation Project; Melbourne Metro Rail Authority’s (MMRA) Steve Shaddock, who gave an overview of the Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project; and Qenos’ Jeroen Wassenaar, who discussed the rehabilitation of the Chichester trunk gravitation main.
The NSW event featured presentations by Primus Line’s Mark Trembath, who spoke about cast iron concrete lined (CICL) critical trunk main rehabilitation; Interflow’s John Monro, who discussed the Merri Creek Sewer Rehabilitation Project; and HammerHead’s Sean Wharton, who talked about sliplining with a winch.
It was sponsored by Ditch Witch, The Drain Man, Primus Line and Interflow.
The New Zealand Technical Forums Roadshow featured presentations by:
- Hynds’ Americo Dos Santos and Abergeldie Harker’s Matt Mules, who discussed precast concrete caisson units
- NULCA’s Innes Fisher, discussing the impact of Trenchless Technology on the future of utility location
- Aquatech Solutions’ Leigh John, discussing improving infiltration and resilience of pipelines using trenchless rehabilitation
- Iplex NZ’s Todd Randell, who gave an overview of challenging horizontal directional drill installations
- HammerHead’s Sean Wharton, on sliplining
- PipeWorks’ Ammar Ahmed and Simon Ganley, discussing two innovative cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) renewal projects.
The Technical Forums Roadshow was sponsored by Iplex NZ and PipeWorks.
The next ASTT Technical Forums will be held on 23 November 2017 in Victoria, and on 30 November 2017 in New South Wales.
The next ASTT Technical Forums Roadshow will be held on 8-9 November in Auckland and Christchurch in New Zealand.
If you are interested in sponsoring one of these events, please contact Dave Marsh on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to present at an upcoming Technical Forum contact Annie Ferguson on email@example.com
If you have an event you would like featured in Trenchless Australasia contact Managing Editor Nick Lovering at firstname.lastname@example.org