NULCA held its first general meeting for 2018 in Melbourne last month.
Taking place at the Mantra Hotel in Tullamarine on 16 February, the event was well attended by familiar faces and new members alike.
NULCA was pleased to welcome Melbourne Metro Rail Project Safety Director Jamie Ross as a speaker at the meeting.
Mr Ross addressed attendees on why the Metro Rail project – which involves the construction of twin tunnels under Melbourne’s CBD – is currently one of Australia’s most significant infrastructure projects.
In addition, he summarised the project and the challenges it is facing, which included:
- identifying and working around live utilities
- working within the Melbourne CBD
- management of traffic, pedestrians and cyclists within the works area and around work vehicles.
Following the conclusion of Mr Ross’ presentation, NULCA President Ian Lambert provided an update on the industry, which included advising member that:
- AS5488-2013 is currently under review
- NULCA will attend Common Ground Alliance event in March, including attending a ground penetrating radar workshop by Dan Bigman that will be considered for relevance to a possible NULCA Training Course.
NULCA’s next meeting in scheduled to take place in Auckland, New Zealand on 27 April 2018.
For more information visit the NULCA website.