AUSJET/ADCVA has initiated a review of the skill sets association with certain courses through the Innovation and Business Skills Australia (BSA) due to changes in competency requirements.
The skill sets that have been reviewed are:
• MSMSS00003 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
• MSMSS00004 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
• MSMSS00005 Operator a drain cleaning system
• MSMSS00006 Operate a vacuum loading system.
Additionally, the following units of competency were also reviewed:
• MSMWJ201 Use high pressure water jetting equipment
• MSMWJ301 Operate a high pressure water jetting system
• MSMWJ302 Operator a drain cleaning system
• MSMWJ303 Operate a vacuum loading system.
AUSJET / ADCVA said during the review it was noted there was a gap within the current skills set and units of competency in respect to hydro excavation activities that use smaller pressure/volume combination Class B pumps.
As a result, AUSJET / ADCVA submitted a proposal to IBSA to include a new unit of competency and skill set for hydro excavation in the current project, which will allow companies to fully comply with AS/NZS 4233:2013.
The review has now been completed and the public review period has commenced.
Click here to view the consultation paper and proposed changes the skill sets and units of competency.
AUSJET / ADCVA has requested both members and non-members involved in the industry review the changes and the proposed additions to hydro excavation.
Once reviewed, please email any feedback or comments to email@example.com by Friday 26 June 2020.
For more information please visit the AUSJET / ADCVA website.
If you have news you would like featured in Trenchless Australasia contact Journalist Sophie Venz at firstname.lastname@example.org