Locate21 conference sponsors and delegates can now have up to 50 per cent of their event costs covered by the Austrade Business Events Grants program.
The Austrade Business Events Grants program is aimed at easing the financial pressure for business event organisers and to incentivise Australian businesses to participate as buyers/sellers at pre-approved events, after a very tough year for the events industry in 2020 due to COVID-19.
“We are very grateful to have been successful in receiving this funding and hope it will instil some confidence and give businesses the helping hand they need to return to business conferences such as ours,” said Locate21 Event Organiser Alicia Smith.
Like many others in the industry, this year will see Locate introduce a hybrid event model for the first time.
Locate21 will introduce a hybrid model containing a combination of virtual and in-person events, with the main event taking place at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, as well as a range of other live pop-up sites around Australia and online.
Ms Smith says the funding will appeal to Locate’s sponsoring companies and organisations sending multiple delegates, with the minimum investment being $20,000 and the maximum is $250,000 with the program offering up to half of eligible expenditure back.
Eligible expenditure can be for multiple aspects of their attendance at the event including travel, accommodation and registration; promotional material related to exhibiting at the event; digital promotion related to exhibiting at the event; event and display set up costs; and much more.
Locate21’s program will feature four days of virtual presentations, and two days of live events on Tuesday 30 and Wednesday 31 March 2021,including:
- Program content running between 10.30–15.30pm Queensland time each day
- Optional in-person workshops and smaller sub events offered in live sites
- All aspects of the program will be accessible virtually for those who cannot access a live site and all content will be recorded and available for viewing post event
- Asia Pacific Spatial Excellence Awards (APSEA) presented virtually on Wednesday 31 March and broadcast to the live sites where drinks and nibbles will be provided to those who purchase a ticket
- Plenary speakers presenting live from the live sites, which will be broadcast virtually and to other live sites.
Conference speakers include:
- Kellen Crouse, New York State Police Senior Intelligence Analyst
Topic: The geography of crime: How the NY State Police catch a killer
- Dr James Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of GeoScience Australia
Topic: Creating a location-enabled Australia
- Adam Ferrier, Found of ThinkBell
Topic: How Marketing Often Confuses The Destination with The Journey
- Peter Hedland, CEO/Managing Director, Ordnance Survey
Topic: Sustaining the prosperity and well being of your nation
For more information visit the Locate21 website.
If you have news you would like featured in Trenchless Australasia contact Assistant Editor Sophie Venz at firstname.lastname@example.org